Saturday, October 28, 2006

Raven's Nest

Sit down. Get comfy. You will be here off and on for quite some time. For I have many years to tell you about.

Let me start with the year I was born. It was the year of 1949. I can't "remember" back before that, for I was not "alive" then, at least not in THIS body!

I was born on the first day of Spring, March 21st, 1949. It was snowing. My mother was going to name me "Patricia Colleen", but then my Godmother came in and said, why don't you name her "Theresa Ann", and that was how I became who I am today. However, I do hate that name, *L* so I have gone by "Teri" ever since. It was "Tessie" before that, as I could not speak then *S*, but that would have been ok also!

I was born in Omaha, NE in the USA. My mother, who was born in Auckland, New Zealand, and came to the USA when she was 22 I believe. She came over on a British steam ship, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment. She met a woman on the ship I believe who was also a war-bride. Her name was Lorna Smith. She was born in Wellington, New Zealand. They became the best of friends. Her husband, and my dad were the best of friends also. They came to our house when ever he was home for the holidays. He was in the Marine's. He made a career of them. I am very proud of him and my dad.

My Dad was a Radioman 1st Class in the Navy during WWII (Petty Officer) when he got out, and went to work as an Accountant for a Woman's Clothing Mft., Alfred Pauquet Inc.

Come back later for more and I will update again. I have MANY, MANY, MANY years left to cover!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great start to your blog. I love reading people's history. :)
(vegasscrapper from IDOS)